SASSA announced that many applications were declined due to tighter restrictions for the special R350 grant.
A lot of people were getting decline errors which we will explain to you what it means for the application for the grant later in the article.
So if you believe your application was wrongfully declined and you meet the qualification requirements with no means of income, then follow these easy guide to begin the appeal process.
Submit Your Appeal Right Now
At this stage, you can only appeal using the SRD website. Please follow these simple steps to lodge an appeal for your R350 grant application.
- Visit srd.dsd.gov.za website and click on the green bar written “click here to lodge an appeal or check appeal status
- Enter your ID Number and phone number to log in and access your application details. This process will send you an OTP pin to verify your account and submit an appeal.
- Enter the pin you would have received on your cellphone and click on submit.
Please note the process doesn’t happen overnight, SASSA had a backlog of applications for reconsideration to process since April 2022. So please allow a period between 30 days and not exceeding 90 days for the appeal process to complete.
You will be notified of your application appeal status, so please always check the status online, should you not receive the notification by SMS.
Why Your Application Declined?
Here are the most related reasons your application was declined, the popular one being the ‘Alternative income source’.
- Age Outside Range: You do not qualify for the SRD grant because of your age, the allowed age range is between 18 to 60 years.
- Alternative Income Source Identified: The bank account used in the application reflects the applicant has an income of more than R595 per month. Most of the applicants receive their Dstv payments via their accounts, probably from family and friends which then affect their qualification for the grant.
- Existing SASSA Grant: You are a beneficiary of the SASSA grant.
- Gov Payroll Registered: Your details in the application are listed as currently employed by a government department.
- NSFAS Registered: Registered National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) beneficiaries do not qualify for the R350 SRD grant.
SASSA Appeal Number
For information about the appeal process or how to lodge an appeal, please contact the SASSA toll-free helpline at 0800 601 011.